These are folks that I admire for their contributions. Who am I missing? Help me add to the list!
Writers that have published written-word-first (not photo-first) books that are either prolific in number or have significant historical value.
- Jerrell H. Shofner
- Kena Fries
- Richard Lee Cronin
- Albert DeVane
- Canter Brown, Jr.
- Pleasant Daniel Gold
- Christine Kinlaw-Best
- Arthur E. Francke
- Gilbert King
- Louise K. Frisbie
- Allen Altvater
- Zora Neale Hurston
- Nancy Dale
- Horace J Fenton
- Dale Cox
- William Fremont Blackman
- Edgar L’Heureux Jr.
Prolific journalists that wrote meaningful long-running history columns.
- Al Burt – Miami Herald
- Jim Robison – Orlando Sentinel, “Seminole’s Past”
- Teresa Stein – Tampa Tribune, “Heartland Heritage”
- Joy Wallace Dickinson – Orlando Sentinel, “Florida Flashback”
- Nancy Vickers Pyle – Highlands News-Sun
- D. B. McKay – Tampa Tribune, “Pioneer Florida”
Creators of written-word-oriented online Florida History content that are prolific, substantial, and original research.
- Steve Rajtar – Florida History Trail
- Rick Kilby – Old Florida
This is not for great teachers but for teachers who have contributed significant original research or curated or created important written or oral histories libraries.
- James M. Denham – Florida Southern College, Lawton M. Chiles Jr. Center for Florida History, McKay Archives